DUTCH OVEN RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps. of tamari, Braggs or lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of honey
- dash of Tabasco
- 4 cups of chopped fresh collard greens
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
In large pot or Dutch Oven, combine water, onion, bay leaf, allspice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tamari and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add collard greens and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until greens are tender, about 30-35 minutes.
Remove pot from heat; cool slightly. Remove bay leaf. Stir in oil; season with salt and the peppers to taste. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 54 cal; 4 grams protein. 3 grams total fat (0 sat. fat, 6 grams carb.; 0 Chol.; 184 mg sodium; 2 grams fiber.