White Bean Chili Dutch Oven Recipe
DUTCH OVEN RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 lb. dried Great Northern Beans
- 5 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 cups (12 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
DUTCH OVEN RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. First of all sort and wash beans; place in a large ovenproof Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2" above beans; cover and let stand 8 hours. Drain in a colander; set beans aside.
2. And then heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions; saute until tender. Add cumin, oregano, red pepper, chilies and minced garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours or until beans are tender; stirring occasionally. Next is to add chicken. 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Spoon chili into bowls topping with remaining cheese, sour cream and salsa. Enjoy the white bean chili ! Nice Dutch oven recipe !
Dutch-oven recipes: breakfast-sausage-souffle.