Beef Burgundy Dutch Oven Recipe
A great Dutch oven recipe to try !
Dutch Oven Recipes INGREDIENTS
- 2 1/2 pounds lean boneless round steak
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 cups Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup -- (1 can) undiluted reduced-sodium and low-fat
- 10 1/2 ounces beef consomme -- (1 can) undiluted
- 1 ounce onion recipe soup mix -- (1 envelope)
- 6 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 ounces frozen pearl onions -- (1 package)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 24 ounces medium egg noodles -- (2 packages) uncooked
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream alternative
Trim fat from steak. Cut steak into 1-inch cubes.
Coat a large, oven-proof Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add steak; cook 9 minutes or until steak loses its pink color. Drain well; set aside.
Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel.
Recoat pan with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add wine and next 3 ingredients; stir well, and bring to a boil. Return steak to pan; stir in mushrooms and onions. Remove from heat; set aside.
Place flour in a small bowl. Gradually add water, blending with a wire whisk; add to steak mixture. Cover and bake at 350°F for 1-1/2 hours.
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, and place in a large bowl. Add cheese and sour cream; toss gently to coat. Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup steak mixture and 1 cup noodles).
The Dutch oven recipe of beef burgundy is ready to serve....nice !